Smells like celery...


Welp, it's come to my attention that my day-to-day tends to amuse the throngs of individuals who participate in Renee's Story Time *cough* and therefore, I will use the potentially constructive hours of my day to waste recounting my goings-ons...


That being said, on with the show.


Everyday, I bus for an hour to school. Ironically enough, I live less than 20 minutes away from my school, but the theory behind the extra time according to my mother is something along the lines of gas, or Jesus... maybe gassy Jesus...moving on...


Everyday, for the most part, something amusing happens within that hour on the bus. Whether it's the over zealous Universal-Pagan-Mystery-Man, He-Man Woman-Hating Muslim Senior, or Bingo Lady, that hour everyday generally proves to be worth every minute.


Today, for example.


All Girls Field Trip Day!


Ah yes. The little ladies of L'Academie Jeanne D'arc were on the road today. I initially assumed they were heading to Mooneys Bay. After passing the bay, I naturally assumed The Museum of Science and Technology.

Because the 111 was packed with all these little girls, there weren't any seats available for anyone who wasn't over 65, and therefore, everyone stood for the majority of the trip. I myself stood for the entirety of the trip.


Just a little note: Alot of times, I LOVE to stand while riding the bus.


I like to pretend that I'm surfing.


Yah, fer' serious. And I'd be able to get into the zone too if it weren't for the fact that I'm less than graceful and when hitting unsuspecting transitee's in the face with my book bag, it's not especially easy to hang ten.


Moving on!


So yadda yadda yadda... packed bus. Little girls EVERYWHERE! I'm in the front of the bus, catching the waves in a sea of yellow girl-school t-shirts.


Then, out of no where, one of the poor girls yack all over herself, and her field-trip partner.


It smelt of celery.


The group leaders start yelling at one another for anything to help make the mess more bearable.


Somewhere, they acquire a travel pack of kleenex and a ziplock baggie.


Wherefore art thou, MacGyver? Where are you to rig up some sort of port-o-bucket that dispenses rubber bands to hold back our hair and toss Gravol down our throats between heaves? Pfft, Stargate indeed!


So then the bus makes a stop at Billings Bridge. A few of the bus drivers hanging out at the stop come into the bus with paper towel and bottles of water and tend to the poor girl.

The rest of the passengers are then informed that another bus is on its way to send us to our destinations.


Lo' and behold, another chariot awaits!


Well, it may as well have been. It was even smaller than the previous ride!!


"How the hell am I supposed to hang ten in that thing?!" I asked myself.


Either way, we embark, and then all the little ladies join us for the rest of the trip.


It was a tight squeeze, but after passing the Museum of Science and Technology, we ended our journey at the St.Laurent Shopping Centre where I really hope that little girl got a can of ginger ale, some gravol and a smock.
*EDIT: Picture curtosy of www.nataliedee.com

Comments

BeHappy2day said…
Very cute story. I love your writing style.

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Animals and the people who love them.

Bilingual Blunder