Santa be messing with yo' babies...

For those of you who aren't familiar Canada Post has a letters to Santa Program where Canadian Children can write to Santa, and get a letter in return!
The letters to Santa program has been running smoothly for a solid 26 years without any issues, until now.

Canada Post recently released this notice.

It states that Canada Post will halt it's return letters from Santa until further notice because of some "Unpleasantries" being sent in response from the Big Man himself.

Program Manager, Cindy Daoust said:

"(...)about 10 of the letters have turned up so far. (...) some contained demeaning or insulting language. (Wouldn't comment further) adding Ottawa police are investigating."
The Letters to Santa Program is the result of many diligent, hard-working volunteers. Albeit, disgruntled volunteers, but volunteers none the less.

I can certainly say with great enthusiasm that I'm excited for the contents of these letters to be made public. I can promise you all that if and when the time comes, I will be bringing you the news here first!

TRIVIA: Can anyone remember the jingle from the commercial for the Letters to Santa Program?

Comments

When I heard this story on the radio, it made my year. For reals.

I was going to post it, but alas you aleardy have. And did a much better job that anything I would have done.

I really want to read these letters. And hear from the kids who got them.

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Animals and the people who love them.

Bilingual Blunder