The 'Unborns Victims' Bill Will Never See The Light of Day!

I'm not usually a political person, and I try to keep my politics off this website, but as my BFF Feminist Catalyst pointed out, this is a MAJOR victory for Women's Rights.

Justice Minister Rob Nicholson announced Monday that the government will
draft a new bill to replace Bill C-484, the Unborn Victims of Crime Act, so that
it closes the debate about fetal rights and focuses instead on penalizing
criminals who harm pregnant women. (read more)



This was an issue I was actually involved with. From the sidelines, but that's still something! I'm sure Feminist Catalyst will be covering the news, so please take a moment and visit her site.

Comments

Thanks for the plug darlin' And yeah, some of the angrier amongst us aren't getting excited about this but I figure if you don't count your victories, you get overwhelmed and pessimistic.

Thanks for helping me stick it to the man! There's going to be another big demo regarding reproductive rights the day after smaren's wedding, if you're up for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Animals and the people who love them.

Bilingual Blunder