The Greatest Town in the World - a mini-series PT1


I haven't written for a while, and so I'm going to pull out the big guns and talk to you about the greatest town in all of Ontario.
This is going to be divided into different parts until I've used up all my matieral.

Enjoy.


Okay so, the Greatest Town in all of Ontario is....




Smith Falls. Aptly known as "The heart of the Rideau" or to it's residents and neighbouring country men as "Shit Falls" The Smithy is definetly the greatest town in Ontario.


But Ren-andthensome? Pour Quoi? I mean, what does Smith Falls have that any other town doesnt?

I'm glad you asked.


First and foremost, it is by far the funniest town in all of The Thousand Islands area, not to mention the chocolatiest.


Not is it just the Canadian home of the Hershey Factory * it's also home to some of the most hilarious landmarks of all time.


The Smith Falls Landmark of the Day Belongs to:



I did a little research on the word "Poonamalie". As it pertains to Smith Falls, it's actually the name of a Lock Station.
During its constuction, one of the Engineers named it "Poonamalie" as it reminded him of India.

So, the history isn't as hilarious at the name itself, but whenever I visit Ol' Smithy, I'll always think of POONamalie Rd.

*The Hersheys Factory is actually closing soon *wah wah*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Animals and the people who love them.

Bilingual Blunder