BDTS - Bat Out of Hell pt. II - Meatloaf goes James Dean on a Lost Highway

Okay, so what we learnt in Pt.I of Bat Out of Hell, is that Meatloaf, in another valiant effort to secure some booty, is planning a dine and dash as soon as Princess passes out from the sheer AWESOME that is Meatloaf's lovemaking. That said, he's also currently living in what can only be described as the Thunderdome, and is hitting the trail in search of greener pastures.

In part II of Bat Out of Hell, we will be examining his journey to this Utopia he is so desperate to reach.

You better be asleep at the crack of dawn, because he's outta here...


Bat Out of Hell - Pt.II Meatloaf goes 'James Dean' on a Lost Highway

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram
On a silver black phantom bike
When the metal is hot and the engine is hungry
And we're all about to see the light
Nothing ever grows in this rotting old hole
Everything is stunted and lost
And nothing really rocks
And nothing really rolls
And nothings ever worth the cost


Is it just me, or does this entire verse feel like a euphemism? With the exception of the 'rotting old hole' comment, this entire part is kind of romantic, and sexy!

His engine is hungry...ladies

And I know that I'm damned if I never get out
And maybe I'm damned if I do
But with every other beat I got left in my heart
You know I'd rather be damned with you
Well, If I gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned
Dancing through the night with you
If I gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned
Gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned
Gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned
Dancing through the night
Dancing through the night
Dancing through the night with you


Okay, just wait a goshdarnedsecond! Meatloaf!! WTF, MAN!? Okay, first you're telling this poor girl you're going to love her and leave her right smack dab in the fucking THUNDERDOME, and now, what? You can't live without her? Pfft, RED FLAG, LADIES!! Put a nickle between your knees and scurry! MEATLOAF IS ON THE PROWL!!!

Oh Baby, you're the only thing in this whole world
That's pure and good and right
And wherever you are and wherever you go
There's always gonna be some light
But I gotta get out
I gotta break it out now
Before the final crack of dawn
So we gotta make the most of our one night together
When it's over you know
We'll both be so alone


Pfft, what an asshole. He wants virgins. This is what this whole thing is about. He wants to taint the poor girl. 'Making it' for one night isn't worth it, girl!! WRAP IT BEFORE YOU TAP IT!!! Last thing you need is a chubby, sweaty baby growin' up on the set of The fucking WARRIORS, denying rabies shots to children in the gutter, just like his daddy!

Like a bat out of hell
I'll be gone when the morning comes
When the night is over
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone gone gone
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes
But when the day is done
And the sun goes down
And moonlight's shining through
Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven
I'll come crawling on back to you
Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven
I'll come crawling on back to you


Okay, wait. Is meatloaf a VAMPIRE? Maybe he's a shitty vampire - that's probably where he got his name. Man - I wish this song didn't rule soooo much. SHAME on you, Meatloaf! SHAME! You want to try freedom on for size, and what? Get some more poor virgins pregnant? N'uh-uh, Buster. I hope you DIE! I hope you fucking crash your motorcycle, and die in a gutter, foaming at the mouth like that poor kid you let suffer through lock-jaw died! You're a jerk. Go eat a cheese burger and DIE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Bilingual Blunder

BDTS - "S.E.X." by Nickelback.