The Greatest Town in the World - a mini-series Pt.2

And so, in continuing in the Smith Falls adoration, I'm now moving onto Part 2 of our delicious mini-series about The Little Town that Could.

Not long after driving past Poonamalie Rd. I happened across a peculiar building with a curious theme.

That theme, my friends, is none other than Autoparts and Christian Fellowship.




I definitely had to do a double-take when I saw this building. I couldn't believe my eyes! But then I realised that Smith Falls probably has the most Fundamentalist Nascar Fans per capita than any other chocolatey-conservative, sheep-rearing town in all of South-Eastern Ontario.



So, I decided to check out Word of Faith Fellowship on the web. It's website describes its Church as being "non-denominational" and that their goal is to "equip the saints for the work of the ministry". Basically, the long and short of it is that they're apocalypse-loving, second-coming awating Fundies thats ripe with missionaries. But what'evs -that's cool, that's cool. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

But wait, then there's the autoparts place attached to this missionary recruitment centre. But I guess, y'know, missionaries have got to get around too. It's not like God has graced us with the know-how to create any sort of teleportation devices as of yet.

So, the church sends missionaries over seas to places like Thailand, India, Uganda and Kenya. Y'know, spreading their non-denominational message of Christ's love and such, but I knew that good ol' CarQuest would be doing it's part. I kept the faith, people! And after a bit of digging, I found that the Smith Falls CarQuest actually donated money to Ducks Unlimited's project Webfoot back in 2003-2004! Enough that it was on their website and subject to an intensive Google Search!


Right on, CarQuest! Now there's an institution you can put your faith into.

Comments

Just when I thought Jesus freaks couldn't get any more bizarr-o.

You've gotta come up North with me sometime. Some classic little towns and such, let me tell you.
Haha, way to be Smith Falls.

Only in Canaday, nay, Ontario, can you find such a... devoted, bunch of people...

-Willy Boy-

Popular posts from this blog

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Animals and the people who love them.

Bilingual Blunder